I first noticed this game (in a new extended form) via the Humble Bundle Store, then researched to find the original game here.
Overall, this is pretty much one of many variants of the Sudoku puzzle, where one of its rules is to fill in each "region" (in this case, net) with one of each of the numbers 1 through 6. The second rule makes it cool by using the property of the D6 die, where every pair of opposite sides totals 7. Plus the use of intersecting nets (i.e. faces shared between two or more nets) can make way towards bigger and challenging puzzles, even though limited to the 11 nets of a cube.
Other than being short, the only minor negative point is the very similar colors used to denote which faces belong to which net. Notably the peach/orange west and red/green north colors in the 9th level. Again: a minor detail, as I'm also colorblind.
With the extended version only $1, I'm definitely leaning towards purchasing. Great puzzler!
Everything you need in a nonogram game...
1) Many puzzles and even downloadable ones!
2) Click and drag to draw a row/column of squares and X's easily.
3) Auto-X the number clues when a row/column is complete.
4) Able to X and un-X each of the number clues as the puzzle gets solved. (Extremely helpful for the larger puzzles!)
5) Able to save your progress and continue later.
One recommendation: Add some strategies to the help section.
Maybe as we solve more puzzles, list additional methods to solve the harder puzzles. :)
Overall, addictive as Sudoku! Thanks for the game!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.